Time: April 2, 2015 from 1:30pm to 9:30pm
Location: Will County Sheriff's range
Street: 2402 E. Laraway Rd.
Event Type: pistol, cqb, firearms
Organized By: NEMRT
Latest Activity: Feb 24, 2015
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
This one day course is dedicated to handgun fighting skills at extreme close quarters. It is the third class in a series of courses that builds on skills acquired in Level One and Two classes. These two classes are a pre-requisite to this level. Strike Tactical or NEMRT classes qualify.
Upon completion of this class, the student officer will be able to explain and demonstrate how the physical, psychological, and mechanical issues effect an officer when engaged in a life or death confrontation.
Skills assessed and practiced will include:
- The mechanics of extreme close quarter encounters and immediacy of firing
- Use of support side hand and arm to deter the offender
- Issues regarding muzzle blast and flash when firing close to the body
- Moving “off of line of attack”
- Accurate fire by “body indexing” at muzzle contact distance;
- Avoiding tunnel vision using a scan technique
- Breathing control during high stress encounters
STUDENTS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT TO CLASS:
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Hat with bill to protect face from brass ejections
- Eye protection
- One pair of gloves
- Pencil/pen and notebook
- Duty leather and pistol (firearm should not be a "compensated"
- Duty flashlight
- Soft body armor
- Comfortable clothing and boots, NO SHORTS (fatigues/BDUs suggested)
NOTE: Students will participate in multiple tactical exercises and can expect to
get dirty. When this class is held in the winter, cold weather attire is required.
Dress Accordingly. The winter range is an enclosed outdoor pistol range.
- Water to drink during tactical exercises
- A packed lunch
AMMO REQUIRED: 500 ROUNDS OF FACTORY OR FACTORY EQUIVALENT
Pre-Class Requirements: Completion of NEMRT I and Level II classes or Strike Tactical Equivalent.
Instructors: Chief Jeff Chudwin, Olympia Fields Police Department and Rob Donaldson, Realistic and Deliberate Tactical Training.
***Cancellations for this class must be received 35 days prior to the first day in order to avoid being billed.***
Check out the NEMRT website for more information, link below:
RSVP for Close Quarter Handgun Skills - Level III to add comments!
Join Women's Tactical Association