This course has been designed to assist shooters in improving their proficiency with the duty handgun.WTA member Kim Heath will be teaching the course.
The cost of the course is $10; please register in advance on the WTA web site. You may bring the $10 with you on the day of the class.
Advanced shooting skills are broken down to their basics and presented to the shooter so they understand why it works, and how those techniques can specifically benefit the female shooter. Problem solving and coaching activities will be emphasized throughout the course.
Officers will review the most basic components of law enforcement shooting skills, then practice what they have learned in dry fire simulations and in live fire range activities.
Students will progress from basic marksmanship drills to close quarter survival courses of fire. The focus of this training is for women officers to identify and effectively practice those skills that will be required to not only survive, but prevail when threatened with deadly force.
Students must bring the following items to class:
* 300 rounds of quality ammunition
* Duty handgun
* Duty leather/nylon, including holster, gun belt, magazine pouch/speedloader pouch
* Protective eye wear with wrap-around side protection - OFFICERS WEARING CORRECTIVE LENSES MUST HAVE A SET OF PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR
* Hearing protection - a combination of soft earplugs and shooting muffs is advised.
* This range is outdoors, so make sure you bring sunscreen, lots of water/sports drinks, and ample food.
Students MUST wear shirts with tight-fitting necks and baseball-type caps with bills to prevent hot brass from entering their clothing or falling behind protective eyewear.
Students should pack a lunch, as this class is taught in shifts during meal periods.
RSVP for Basic Shooting Skills Course to add comments!
Join Women's Tactical Association